Cheesy Broccoli Soup
This colorful soup also makes a great topping for baked potatoes.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ small white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup light cream
- ½ cup sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the diced onion, celery, and broccoli, and sauté about 5 minutes.
- Blend in flour, then slowly stir in the wine and chicken stock, stirring frequently to avoid lumps. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add light cream and warm until cream is heated, then remove from heat and add grated sharp Cheddar cheese. Stir well until cheese melts. Serve immediately.