Cheesy Cauliflower Bake
To add a bit of fun and color to this recipe, substitute broccoflower for cauliflower. Broccoflower has a similar taste and texture to cauliflower, but it’s green.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat buttery spread
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring cauliflower, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and water to a boil on medium-high heat. Cover saucepan and simmer 12 to 18 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Drain cauliflower.
- Mix buttery spread, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Add cauliflower, onion, and 1 cup Cheddar to mixture and blend well.
- Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Add cauliflower mix to dish and bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining 1⁄2 cup cheese on top and bake for another 5 minutes.