Cheesy Chicken Quiche
You can fill this basic quiche recipe with chopped ham or cheese.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 4 large eggs
- 6 oz. cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, torn in small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Add flour, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until bubbly, about 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in milk and cook until thick, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add sour cream and mustard. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sprinkle chicken in bottom of pie shell along with basil, olives, and Swiss cheese. Pour egg mixture over all. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for 45 minutes or until quiche is puffed and set.