Cheesy-Chicken Sandwiches with BBQ Slaw
Grilled chicken gets a delicious cheesy topping and yummy BBQ broccoli slaw! For a lighter version, skip the cheese and buns - place chicken and slaw in lettuce leaves instead.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 7 minutesTotal: 17 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Simple Truth Organic™ Free Range Chicken Breasts (from 1 lb. package)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Salt, if desired
- Pepper, if desired
- 1 package (6 oz.) low sodium sliced cheese of your choice
- 1 package (10 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Broccoli Slaw
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ BBQ Sauce
- 4 Simple Truth Organic™ Hamburger Buns, split
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- With meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten chicken breasts to ½” thickness. Cut each breast crosswise in half. Drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on grill over medium-high heat. Cover grill; cook 5-6 minutes, turning halfway, until meat thermometer inserted in center of chicken reads 165°F. Divide cheese slices evenly over tops of chicken; heat 30 seconds to 1 minute longer or just until cheese begins to melt.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together broccoli slaw and barbecue sauce.
- Place chicken on bottom of buns; spoon broccoli mixture evenly over chicken. Place tops of buns over slaw. Serve immediately.