Cheesy Chori Pollo
This authentic Mexican dish comes together quickly and easily…serve over your favorite Mexican rice or in a tortilla for a tasty and fulfilling meal.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground chorizo sausage
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Flour tortillas, to serve, if desired
- Mexican rice, to serve, if desired
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil. Once hot, add onion and cook until tender. Add chorizo sausage and crumble to cook, about 5-8 minutes. Cook until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil and cook chicken until golden brown, about 5-8 minutes. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Add chorizo and onion back to skillet. Season with taco seasoning. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with avocado and tomato in a tortilla or over rice. Refrigerate leftovers.