Cheesy Coconut Garlic Biscuits
These Cheesy Garlic Biscuits are great with a hearty stew.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 22 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup plus 1 tsp. coconut oil, chilled, divided
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup potato starch flour
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2⁄3 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease a baking sheet with 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine coconut, rice, and potato starch flours together until well mixed. Add baking powder, salt, and garlic powder; mix well. Add remaining 1⁄3 cup coconut oil. Using a fork, mix chilled coconut oil into the flour mixture until well mixed and a dry, grainy dough forms.
- Mix in coconut milk a little at a time, until you have a sticky dough; stir in cheese.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop dough onto greased baking sheet in approximately 1 1⁄2-inch balls, about 1 inch apart. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned.