Cheesy Corn Bread Muffins
There’s virtually no difference between white and yellow corn meal. One is made from dried and milled white corn, the other from yellow corn. Yet many cooks vehemently defend using one over the other. White cornmeal, they say, is smoother and sweeter. Yellow corn meal has a more pronounced flavor and better visual appeal. Either can be used in recipes calling for cornmeal.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups stone ground cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 oz.) creamed corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Whisk to remove any lumps.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, butter, and creamed corn. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until just blended. Stir in shredded cheese.
- Divide mixture over 2 dozen well-buttered muffin cups. Bake at 350ºF until muffin tops are just starting to brown, about 15 minutes.