Cheesy Corn Muffins
Save to My Recipes
Cheesy corn muffins are the perfect accompaniment to a steamy bowl of chili. Spice them up with a can of diced green chilies, or a minced fresh jalapeño, if you dare.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat muffin pan with pan spray. Line with paper muffin cups. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in cornmeal, and set aside.
- Beat together butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, then stir in cheese. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Fill muffin cups to the rim with batter. Bake until risen and golden brown, about 20 minutes. A pick inserted into the middle muffin should come out clean.
- Cool pan for 15 minutes before removing muffins.