Cheesy Corndog Casserole
This is everything that is good about corndogs in an easy-to-prepare casserole! Serve with a bowl for chili for a special treat.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 packages (8 1⁄2 oz.) corn muffin mix
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 package (1 lb.) beef hot dogs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a 9-by-9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine corn muffin mix, buttermilk, and eggs. Mix until just combined. Stir in cheese.
- Transfer the cornbread batter to the prepared pan and arrange the cut hot dogs in the batter. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cornbread starts to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes, then slice and serve.