Cheesy Corndog Casserole
This is everything that is good about corndogs in an easy-to-prepare casserole! Serve with a bowl for chili for a special treat.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 packages (8.5 oz.) corn muffin mix
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 package (1 lb.) beef hot dogs, cut into 1" pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a 9" x 9" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine corn muffin mix, buttermilk, and eggs. Mix until just combined. Stir in cheese.
- Transfer the cornbread batter to the prepared pan and arrange the cut hot dogs in the batter. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cornbread starts to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes, then slice and serve.