Cheesy Green Beans
These cheesy green beans are sure to be a crowd pleaser. They’re creamy and warm, with a topping that adds just the right crunch to bring the whole dish together.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and rinsed
- 6 tablespoons Kroger® Unsalted Butter, divided
- 3⁄4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10 oz.) cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned herb croutons, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set a steamer basket in a large saucepan and fill with water just below the steamer basket. Add the green beans and cook over medium heat with a lid for 5-8 minutes, until tender. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the onion and sauté until softened.
- Add the salt, pepper and cream of celery soup, then stir to combine.
- Add the steamed green beans and cheese.
- Place mixture in the prepared dish. Top with croutons and ¼ cup melted butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.