Cheesy Jalapeño Brats
What could be yummier than grilled brats with lots of flavor and gooey, melty cheese?
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 35 minutes
- 4 Johnsonville® Original Brats
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle of beer
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 4 Ball Park® Hot Dog Buns
- In a sauce pan, combine brats, beer and sliced onions. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Place brats on the grill, cook for 5-10 minutes until slightly charred; turn occasionally. Place cooked brats in the hot dog buns, top with a slice of cheese. Place on the side of the grill, or on the top rack for indirect heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove, and top with sliced jalapeño; serve.