Cheesy Lasagna Rolls
For this simple twist on vegetarian lasagna; make a simple ricotta and Parmesan cheese filling, roll it into cooked lasagna noodles, nestle into tomato sauce in a baking dish, and bake.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 container (16 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 jar (24 oz.) chunky marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a medium baking dish with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange noodles on work surface. Spread each with 1⁄4 cup of the ricotta mixture and roll up, starting with short end.
- Spoon half of the sauce into the prepared baking dish and nestle filled noodles, seam-side down, into sauce. Pour remaining sauce over rolls; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until casserole is bubbling. Let sit 10 minutes.