Cheesy Mexican Waffles
Once you try one of these cheesy waffles, you might not want waffles made any other way again! Just swap the syrup for sour cream and pico de gallo.
Serves: 10Prep: 5 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup Mexican-blend shredded cheese
- 2 cups buttermilk waffle mix
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- Lightly grease and preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, blend together waffle mix, water, egg, vegetable oil and 1 cup cheese.
- Pour batter into prepared waffle iron. For extra cheesy flavor, sprinkle batter with an additional 2 tablespoons of cheese before closing.
- Cook waffles until golden brown. Top with sour cream and pico de gallo.