Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Chicken
Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Chicken is the ultimate dinner recipe! Stuffed with provolone cheese and pesto, and topped with grape tomatoes, parmesan, and fresh basil, this chicken is packed with delicious flavor and so easy to make. Perfect for busy weeknights or date nights in...this dish is sure to become a new favorite go-to! Recipe courtesy of Lemon Tree Dwelling.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless Heritage Farm chicken breasts
- 6 slices Roundy's provolone cheese
- 1 jar basil pesto
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Slice each chicken breast along one side to create a pocket. Be sure not to cut the chicken breasts all the way through.
- Stuff each pocket with 1 slice provolone cheese and 1-2 Tbsp. pesto.
- Pinch chicken breasts closed and use toothpicks to secure.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Place chicken in skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- Add 3 Tbsp. butter to a large baking pan. Place in preheated oven to melt butter, then add 3 Tbsp. lemon juice and mix to combine.
- Place chicken breasts in baking pan; cover with foil and bake 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with shaved parmesan.
- Combine remaining pesto with 2 Tbsp. olive oil; spoon over chicken breasts.
- Top with halved tomatoes and fresh basil.