Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole
Combine all of the ingredients before bed, and the next morning, you’ll have a hearty, flavorful breakfast the whole family can enjoy as soon as it’s baked.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 9 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 7 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 bag (20 oz.) bag frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Remove sausage from casings and place in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage, stirring often to crumble, about 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and transfer to a large bowl. Remove all but 1 tablespoon grease from the skillet and return to medium heat. Sauté onion 10 minutes until soft. Add onion to the bowl with the sausage.
- Stir in eggs, milk, potatoes, 1 cup cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine, then pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese. Return to oven and bake for 8 minutes. Allow casserole to rest for 20 minutes before serving.