Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
This recipe makes rich and creamy potatoes. You don’t need to make a white sauce when you use Alfredo sauce. Easy!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 jar (16 oz.) four-cheese Alfredo sauce
- 1 container (10 oz.) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine butter and shallots; cook and stir for 4 minutes.
- Add both packages of Alfredo sauce and milk; bring to a simmer. Stir in Havarti cheese and remove from heat.
- In small bowl, combine salt, pepper, thyme, and Parmesan cheese.
- Layer potatoes, salt mixture, and sauce mixture in baking dish, ending with salt mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 75 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with fork.