Cheesy Tomato Bruschetta
This flavorful tomato topping can be used in other recipes, too. Fold some into mayonnaise for an appetizer dip, or use it to top broiled chicken or fish.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced Italian tomatoes, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 slices Italian bread
- Preheat broiler in oven; set oven rack 6" from heat source.
- In medium bowl, combine tomato paste and olive oil; blend well until smooth. Add remaining ingredients except for bread and mix gently.
- Place bread slices on broiler pan. Broil bread slices until golden on one side, about 1 to 3 minutes. Turn and broil until light golden brown on second side. Remove from oven and top with tomato mixture. Return to oven and broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until tomato topping is bubbly and begins to brown. Serve immediately.