Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes
You don’t need to go to a fancy steakhouse to enjoy the comfort of warm and cheesy baked potatoes. Once you master this easy-to-follow recipe, it will be a staple in your culinary encyclopedia.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup Simple Truth Organic™ 2% Reduced Fat Milk, more if needed
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash potatoes and prick all over with fork. Bake until cooked through, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest until cool enough to handle. Preheat broiler. Cut potatoes lengthwise and gently scoop out flesh, reserving the shells.
- In a medium bowl, use a potato masher to combine flesh with butter and milk, adding additional milk for desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mound filling into potato shells and top with cheddar cheese.
- Place filled potatoes on a baking sheet or pan and broil until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Top with green onions and serve immediately.