“Cheesy” Vegan Vegetable Lasagna
Loaded with tasty sautéed vegetables and extra “cheese,” this vegan-friendly lasagna is a satisfying comfort meal.
Serves: 6Prep: 45 minutesCook: 55 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water at least 30 minutes (up to overnight), drained
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara pasta sauce
- 1 cup vegan cheddar style shreds
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare 9”x13” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In blender, combine cashews, garlic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, water, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth; set aside.
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Cook noodles 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente. Drain.
- In medium skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Once warmed, sauté onion, zucchini and bell pepper until tender. Add spinach; cook until wilted. Remove from heat.
- On bottom of baking dish, place about 1 cup pasta sauce. Add a layer of noodles, a third of the cheese sauce, a third of the vegetables and about 1 cup pasta sauce. Repeat with remaining ingredients for three layers of noodles. Top with cheddar style shreds. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Remove aluminum foil; continue cooking 5 to 8 minutes.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.