Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 can (16 oz.) pitted sweet cherries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ⅓ cup brandy
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Drain the cherries, reserving the juice in a measuring cup. Add enough water to the juice to make 1 cup liquid.
- In a small saucepan, mix together the sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in the diluted cherry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Add the cherries and lemon juice, remove from the heat, and keep warm.
- Just before serving, add the brandy and ignite. After the flame dies down, spoon the cherries over ice cream.