Cherry Almond Cake
When baking bread in a loaf pan that isn’t well seasoned, butter the inside of the pan and cut a piece of wax or parchment paper so it covers the inside of the pan. When it’s finished cooking, grab the paper to lift the bread out.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup fresh cherries
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup and 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 tsp. almond extract
- 1 2⁄3 cups self-rising cake flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Pit the cherries and cut in half. Place them on a plate and sprinkle with flour. Toss to coat them evenly and shake to remove the excess.
- Place the butter and sugar in a mixer bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs gradually until well blended. Add the almond extract and combine.
- Combine the cake flour and almonds. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the wet ingredients and fold in the flour gently. Fold in the cherries and milk.
- Once the liquid is combined, pour into the loaf pan and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.