Cherry Herb Sauce for Poultry
This sauce is good on any chicken, duck, turkey, or other poultry dish. It’s simple to make and can be frozen for up to three months.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ⅓ stick cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 fresh sage leaves, shredded, or 1 tsp. dried
- ½ tsp. dried tarragon
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. shallots, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Mix the cherries, wine, cinnamon, bay leaves, sage, and tarragon in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat and add the shallots. Stir until shallots soften, about 4 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Mix in the chicken broth and the cherry/wine mixture. Stir and cook until thick, about 10 minutes. Remove bay leaves.