Cherry Oat Muffins
Use quick cooking oatmeal for best results with these tender and flavorful muffins. Use fresh Bing cherries or sour cherries or unthawed frozen cherries.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups quick cooking oats
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups pitted and halved cherries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners and set aside. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, oil, and eggs. Add to oatmeal mixture and stir just until combined. Stir in cherries. Fill prepared muffin cups ⅔ full with batter.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.