Cherry Pie Bars
Made with dates, tart cherries, and a few simple spices, these delicious bars are the perfect sweet snack!
Serves: 8Prep: 1 hour 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 ounces Medjool dates, pitted (about 2 cups)
- 5 ounces Simple Truth Organic™ Dried Montmorency Tart Cherries
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Soak dates in hot water 10 minutes to soften. Line 8”x4” loaf pan with parchment paper, allowing paper to come up the sides. Set aside.
- Drain dates; transfer to food processor. Process until smooth paste forms.
- Add remaining ingredients; pulse to combine. Depending on the food processor, it may be necessary to knead the mixture by hand a few times to fully combine.
- Press mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate 60 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cut into 8 bars. Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Wrap each bar individually in parchment paper or plastic wrap for an easy, on-the-go snack.