This recipe uses a double crust, but you can make a lattice crust instead by weaving strips of pie dough. Be sure not to use frozen cherries packed in syrup!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 5 cups pitted fresh cherries
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut in pieces
- 1 Tbsp. sugar for sprinkling on crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line pie pan with one circle of pie dough.
- Mix cherries with sugar and cornstarch and put them in the pie shell. Dot cherries with butter pieces.
- Cover the cherries with the other pie dough circle, crimp the edges to seal, and cut slits in the top. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 50 minutes. Cool before slicing.