Cherry Pork Tenderloin
Internal temperature of the tenderloin will go up about 5 degrees after it has been removed from the heat. It should be 155°F when done.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 1⁄2 lbs.)
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup cherry preserves
- Preheat a grill or grill pan on high.
- Rub 1 teaspoon olive oil on the tenderloin, then sprinkle the kosher salt and black pepper on it. Grill the tenderloin on all sides, for a total of about 10 minutes. Set the tenderloin aside, cover it with foil, and let it rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Sauté the shallots in remaining olive oil until tender. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped dried cherries, balsamic vinegar, and cherry preserves.
- Cut the tenderloin in 1⁄2-inch-thick slices, arrange the slices overlapping on a platter, and spoon the cherry sauce over them.