Chess Cake Squares
Easy to cut and serve, this cake is a great choice for potlucks and other events as it travels very well.
Serves: 32Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9-by-13-inch pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, butter, and 1 egg until a shortbread-like mixture forms. Pat mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, remaining eggs, and softened cream cheese. Layer on top of crust. Bake for 40 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Allow to cool in the pan before scoring into small bars.