This rich, southern classic can trace its origins to back to England.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 pie shell (9"), unbaked
- 4 eggs
- 1 stick butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, and sugar until smooth. Add the cornmeal, vanilla, milk, and lemon juice. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the filling is set and the top is golden brown. Cool to room temperature before serving.