These are festive and delicious. They’re easy enough for an everyday dessert, but they also make great party fare.
Makes: 48 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 48 cookies
- 1 can (2 oz.) roasted peeled chestnuts, packed in water
- 1½ cups chestnut flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 egg whites, beaten stiff
- Drain the chestnuts and chop in the food processor. Place in the bowl of an electric mixer. With the motor on low, add the chestnut flour, milk, egg yolks, vanilla, salt, baking powder, sugar, and melted butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Fold the egg whites into the chestnut mixture. Drop by the teaspoonful on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes. Cool and place on platters for immediate use, or store in tins for later use.