Chestnut Cranberry Poultry Sauce
This delicious variation on a classic is a versatile addition for any occasion, from holidays to everyday fun.
Serves: 32Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 bags (12 oz.) cranberries
- 2 medium jalapeño or Scotch bonnet chilies
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1" piece gingerroot, peeled and chopped
- ½ medium orange, peeled and chopped
- 2 lbs. chestnuts, scored and roasted until they pop
- Place the cranberries, chilies, and sugar in a large pot. Cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes. Add the gingerroot and orange.
- While the cranberries are cooking, remove shells and skins from the chestnuts. Chop the chestnuts coarsely. Add chestnuts and cook until thick and syrupy, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer to food processor and pulse until almost smooth. Jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.