Chestnut Flour Crepes
Chestnut flour is sweet and nutty, making the most delicious crepes you can imagine. You can stuff them with fruit and whipped cream, or with savory fillings. Omit the sugar if you are going to fill these crepes with savory delights.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 40 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup chestnut flour
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter, divided
- Process the eggs, milk, and salt in your food processor. With the motor on low, slowly add the flours, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the jar.
- Add the sugar and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Process until well blended. Pour by 1⁄2-cupful into a medium nonstick sauté pan to which you’ve added a dot of butter. Tilt the pan to spread the batter thinly.
- Fry the crepe on medium heat, turning, until browned on both sides; place on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining batter and butter.
- When the crepes are done, you can fill them right away or store them in the refrigerator or freezer for later use.