Chewy Chocolate Brownies with Pecans
If you don’t have 2 square baking pans for this recipe, you can use a 13-by-9-inch pan. The brownies will be thicker and take a little longer to bake.
Serves: 32Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 32 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 2 square baking pans (9 inches).
- In a large bowl, melt chocolate and butter in the microwave; cool slightly. Beat in sugars and corn syrup; beat at medium speed 2 minutes, until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating 1 minute after each one.
- Stir in flour and chopped pecans. Spoon batter into pans. Arrange pecan halves in rows over tops of batter.
- Bake 40 minutes or until done but still slightly doughy in center.
- Cool completely and cut into squares.