Chewy Granola-Jam Bars
These granola bars are perfect to grab and go or pack in a lunch bag.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 cups strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with an aluminum foil sling. Grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together: oats, coconut, salt, dried cranberries, and walnut pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, honey, vanilla, melted butter, and cinnamon. Pour over oat mixture and mix well.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape 1⁄2 the mixture into the prepared baking pan, pressing down to evenly spread out the mixture. Spread the jam all over the oat mixture. Spread the remaining 1⁄2 of oat mixture over the jam.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until top is brown and jam is bubbling. Cool for 35 minutes before cutting into bars.