Chewy Molasses Spice Cookies
Dense, chewy and delicious, these cookies are spiced with aromatic cinnamon and nutmeg.
Serves: 24Prep: 25 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a shallow bowl, place ½ cup sugar; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and remaining cup of sugar until combined. Beat in egg and then molasses until combined. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in dry ingredients, until a dough forms.
- Pinch off and roll dough into balls equal to 1 tablespoon. Roll balls in reserved sugar to coat. Arrange balls on baking sheets lined with parchment paper spread 3" apart.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 10 to 13 minutes or until edges of cookies are just firm -- don't over bake. (Note: cookies can be baked two sheets at a time, but will not crackle uniformly). Cool 1 minute on baking sheets; transfer to racks to cool completely.