Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
The addition of applesauce keeps these classic nostalgic cookies super chewy.
Makes: 18Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup vegan margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy milk
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick cooking oats
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat the margarine and sugars together until smooth and creamy. Add applesauce, vanilla, and soy milk.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger, then add to wet ingredients.
- Stir in oats, then raisins. Drop by generous spoonfuls onto a a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until done.