Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
The addition of applesauce keeps these classic nostalgic cookies super chewy.
Makes: 18 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 18 cookies
- ⅓ cup vegan margarine, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy milk
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1¾ cups quick cooking oats
- ⅔ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat the margarine and sugars together until smooth and creamy. Add applesauce, vanilla, and soy milk.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger, then add to wet ingredients.
- Stir in oats, then raisins. Drop by generous spoonfuls onto a a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes, or until done.