Chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Super chewy and fabulously flavorful, these oatmeal raisin cookies are made even better by the addition of pumpkin! Soft, sweet, and amazingly delicious, you’ll find yourself eating them by the handful, so watch out.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisins
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Measure ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir together using a rubber spatula; scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl to incorporate everything fully.
- Scoop batter out by tablespoons—a small retractable ice-cream scoop works wonderfully here—and place on the parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Place sheets on middle rack in oven and bake 15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat process with remaining batter. Store cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.