Chia Seed French Toast
This egg-free French toast recipes uses chia seeds to create a creamy custard. The end result is the perfect comfort dish with superb flavor and texture.
Serves: 6Prep: 5 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 4 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 3⁄4 thick slices Simple Truth™ Rustic Italian Bread
- Vegan butter for cooking and serving, if desired
- In a shallow dish or pie plate, mix together almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup and vanilla. Let stand for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Heat griddle or large non-stick skillet to medium, then melt butter to coat pan.
- Dip bread slices into chia mixture and soak about 10-15 seconds per side. Place on griddle and cook 7-10 minutes, flipping once, until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve topped with vegan butter and maple syrup as desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.