Chia and Sweet Potato Burgers
You’ll never buy premade veggie burgers again after trying these incredibly delicious burgers.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Juice of 1 medium lime
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro leaves
- Microwave sweet potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes. Cool and peel, then place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Mash with a fork, then stir in garlic, tahini, chia seeds, salt, pepper, and melted coconut oil.
- Cover and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes (this will allow the chia seeds to thicken the mixture).
- Form mixture into four patties (use a large ice cream scoop for best results).
- Drizzle half of the olive oil in a large skillet heated over medium-high heat. Place patties in hot oil, cover, and cook until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Flip with a metal spatula and cook second sides about 7 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate, then top with avocado and tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice. Garnish with cilantro.