Chicken & Cheesy Garlic Rice
Busy nights call for simple dinners with bold, fresh flavors – like this easy-to-make chicken dish. Tender, marinated chicken, cheesy garlic rice and refreshing bell pepper come together for a meal that’s quick and filling.
Created by: Tasty
Serves: 2Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2/3 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Rosemary Honey Mustard Marinade
- 2 Simple Truth Organic™ Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 package Simple Truth Organic™ 90 Second Whole Grain Rice
- Handful baby spinach
- Minced parsley, for garnish
- In bag, toss together marinade and chicken. Let sit at least 10 minutes.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, add vegetable oil. Cook chicken until seared, about 4 minutes. Flip and continue cooking another 4 minutes.
- Cover pan; continue cooking until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove from heat; let chicken rest 5-10 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In skillet over low heat, melt butter. Sauté garlic, bell pepper and salt until peppers have softened, 5-7 minutes. Stir in milk and mozzarella. Toss in rice to combine. Fold in baby spinach; remove from heat.
- To serve, place chicken on top of rice and garnish with parsley.