Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
This tasty soup is filled with nutritious ingredients to help you power through the day.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Simple Truth™ Natural Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast
- Cooking spray
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Free Range Chicken Broth Fat Free
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Simple Truth Organic™ Whole Carrots, very thinly sliced
- 2 stalks Simple Truth Organic™ Celery Hearts, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 16 ounces gnocchi
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Peas
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken breasts on a small, rimmed baking sheet or pie pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool and cut into small cubes.
- Meanwhile, place chicken broth, garlic, butter, sugar and carrots in a large soup pot over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered about 10 minutes.
- Add celery and continue to simmer until almost tender, 2 minutes. Bring to a full boil, stir in gnocchi and continue cooking until the gnocchi are cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in frozen peas and chicken and turn off the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into soup bowls and top with Parmesan cheese. Note: add more broth (or water) if needed to reach desired consistency.