Chicken and Summer Squash Packets
These family-favorite grill packets are a great make-ahead meal. They can be assembled the night before and refrigerated. Just add a couple minutes of grill time.
Serves: 4Prep: 35 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 (4-6 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 2 small (6”) zucchini, cut in 1” pieces
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut in ½” slices
- 4 (½”) wedges red onion
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Cut four 18”x12” pieces of heavy duty foil. Spread 1 teaspoon of the butter in center of each piece.
- Dust each chicken breast lightly with flour and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in center of foil. Evenly arrange squash and onion around and over chicken.
- In small bowl, mix mustard, honey and ginger; spread over chicken. Bring short sides of foil up over chicken and seal, using double fold seals. Seal edges using double fold seals and allowing room for heat expansion.
- Place packets on grill seam sides up. Cook 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and internal temperature reaches 165°F, rotating packets once for more even cooking. Carefully unfold packets to serve; sprinkle with parsley.
- Refrigerate leftovers.