Chicken and Waffle Sandwich
Change up your sandwich game by making savory waffles to use for bread! These make great meals, especially for those teens who always seem to be hungry. Gluten-free? No problem…sub Simple Truth™ Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Mix for the waffle mix in this recipe.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups Krusteaz Buttermilk Protein Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 1 3/4 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Whole Milk
- 2 Simple Truth™ Natural Cage Free Grade A Large Brown Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Whole Kernel Corn, thawed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Kroger® Non Stick Coconut Cooking Spray
- Heat a Belgian waffle iron to a medium-high setting. Measure waffle mix into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk the milk and eggs together and stir into the waffle mix until just moistened. Stir in the corn, cheese and black pepper. Spray with cooking spray.
- When waffle iron is heated, scoop about ⅓ cup of batter for each waffle and cook according to manufacturer directions until waffles are golden brown. Remove waffles from waffle iron and cool on a cooling rack.
- When waffles are completely cool, build a sandwich as you like it with sliced meat, cheese, salad greens, Ranch dressing, etc. To freeze for later, cool completely and freeze separated by sheets of wax paper and store in an airtight container. They will keep frozen for at least 2 months.