Chicken and Apple Patties
Rather than eat sausages full of nitrates, try this easy recipe that is flavorful and good for you, too. Uncooked patties can be frozen individually, so you can keep a stash in your freezer.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup finely chopped, peeled apple
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1½ lbs. ground chicken
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- In large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add apple, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Place in large bowl and add chicken, salt, pepper, and thyme. Work with your hands until combined.
- Form mixture into 16 patties. Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook patties, turning once, until thoroughly cooked, about 3–4 minutes per side.