Chicken Asparagus Pasta
Chicken and asparagus taste like spring, especially when flavored with lemon juice. This is a good recipe for a last-minute meal.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. arrowroot
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ⅓ cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 12 oz. linguine, cooked according to package directions
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut chicken into 1" cubes. Toss with salt, pepper, and arrowroot.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until browned but not cooked through, about 4–5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add onions, mushrooms, and asparagus to skillet. Cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 4–6 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet along with chicken broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, then simmer 3–6 minutes, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender. Add pasta to skillet. Cook and stir 1–2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.