Chicken, Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
Creamy avocados pair well with the citrus of the grapefruit.
- 2 each grapefruits
- 2 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- fresh lemon juice
- 3 each avocados
- Halve the grapefruits. With a sharp knife, slice between the membranes. Remove the segments from one side of the grapefruits. Juice the remaining half and set aside.
- Whisk together grapefruit juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Place grapefruit segments in dressing. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cube one avocado. Slice remaining two in half, removing pit. Carefully use a spoon and remove avocado half from skin. Squeeze lemon juice and coat avocado.
- Toss chicken with grapefruit mixture. Gently stir in cubed avocado. Set avocado halves on plates and serve chicken on top, spilling over onto plate. Serves 4.