Chicken and Bean Tacos
Let your family assemble their own tacos so they can pick the toppings they like.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. arrowroot
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) Great Northern beans, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 corn taco shells
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut chicken into 1" cubes and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and arrowroot.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet and add chicken. Cook and stir until almost cooked, about 4 minutes; remove from skillet. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet; cook and stir 4–5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Return chicken to skillet along with beans and salsa; bring to a simmer. Simmer until chicken is cooked, about 3–5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, heat taco shells as directed on package. When shells are hot, make tacos with chicken mixture, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, and cheese. Serve immediately.