Chicken Breasts stuffed with Matzos and Cranberries
These delicious chicken breast roulades are filled with the familiar flavors of sage stuffing and cranberries. No one will know they are made with matzos.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄2 lb. thin-sliced boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt, divided
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and minced
- 2⁄3 cup plus 2 Tbsp. matzo farfel
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried sage
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the chicken cutlets with pepper and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and heat until shimmering. Sauté the onion for 5 minutes until soft. Add 2⁄3 cup matzo farfel, chicken broth, cranberries, sage, and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt. Remove from the heat and let the mixture sit for 20 minutes to cool and for the matzo to absorb the liquid.
- Spread the cooled stuffing evenly on top of the chicken cutlets. Starting at the thin bottom end of the chicken roll each breast up and secure with a toothpick if necessary to hold it in place. Move the chicken breasts to prepared baking sheet.
- Spray the top of each breast with cooking spray and then sprinkle the top with the remaining matzo farfel. Spray once again with cooking spray and place in the oven.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 165°F. Remove from oven and serve hot.