Chicken Breasts with Capers
The tartness of the capers contrasts nicely with the aromatic herbs and the sweetness of the chicken and Splenda.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Splenda
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly pounded
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup Italian flat-leaf parsley, rinsed and chopped
- Mix the cornmeal, flour, cayenne pepper, salt, and Splenda on a large piece of waxed paper. Place the milk in a bowl. Dip the chicken in the milk and then dredge it in the cornmeal mixture, pressing the dry ingredients into the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Brown the chicken. Add the rest of the ingredients. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve the chicken hot with caper sauce spooned over top.