You can skip the egg noodles and instead serve this a side dish of steamed baby asparagus, baby carrots, and small red potatoes with cracked black peppercorns.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 5 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 1⁄2 cups water, divided
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 Tbsp. minced parsley
- Mix 1 cup flour, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Coat the chicken with the flour mixture. Sauté the chicken pieces in oil in a pan over medium heat until the meat is lightly browned.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan with the chicken and stir over medium heat until the onion is soft. Add the paprika to the pan and stir to mix.
- Add the chicken-and-onion mixture and 2 cups water to the slow cooker. Cover and heat on a low setting for 5 hours.
- Mix the remaining 1⁄2 cup water and 2 tablespoons flour in a mixing bowl, then add the sour cream and blend well. An hour before serving, slowly stir the sour cream mixture into the chicken. Serve over egg noodles sprinkled with parsley.