Chicken Chili Verde
Enjoy this spicy chili over white or brown rice. You can also use a prepared gluten-free chili seasoning mix (such as Carroll Shelby’s Chili Kit) in place of the spices in this recipe.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 cans (28 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes, not drained
- 1 can (16 oz.) chili beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chili pepper, not drained
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium. Add the chicken. Cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is browned on all sides, about 1–2 minutes per side. Place the browned chicken in a greased 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Garnish with sour cream